The Steel Detailer creates a 3D model, part and assembly drawings, erection diagrams and digital information for CNC machines and Management Information Systems
About the Role
- Create 3D Model based on client’s requirements.
- Prepare accurate part, assembly and erection drawings clearly indicating dimensions, welding and fastening requirements
- Generate files for CNC machines and Management Information Systems
- Analyze design drawing and sketches to determine appropriate connections for steel members.
- Review specifications and contract drawings to find unique requirements.
- Respond to requests for changes from customers and prepare an estimate of the impact of the changes, informing to project managers to determine if changes result in extra costs.
- Prepare Request for Information Formats when necessary, clearly describing all the issues found.
- Attend meetings with architects, engineers, and general contractors when required
- Work with Project Managers to maintain project schedules.
- Collaborate with other detailers assigned to the same project to prevent conflicts and coordinate standard details.
- Act as Detailing Team Leader when required
- Five years experience designing and detailing steel structures for North America.
- Knowledge of the Tekla Structures or other equivalent 3D modeling software. Experience in Revit is a plus.
- Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connection design and erection practices
- Ability to read and understand structural, architectural and mechanical drawings
- A team player with good Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of CISC and AISC standards.
Awesome to have:
- NISD certification (Class II)
- Engineering or technologist designation in North America (EIT, CET).
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or related technical field from a recognized institution.
|Job Category||Steel Detailing|